I founded Anna Sova in 2004 with my Father, Richard K. Walker. Prior to that I had been a manufacturing CEO and a product designer for many, many years.
The USA consumes over 50% of the world’s goods. We are responsible for all parts of the chain of consumption: the working conditions of people who make our goods; the health of the land the goods are grown or mined from; and the long-term effects that fertilizers, pesticides, dyes, sizing, and chemicals have on our planet and ultimately on us as consumers.
Whitney A. Walker, CEO
Anna Sova Values
We believe the choices we make define our lives.
We believe the quality of goods are defined by the way they are produced.
We believe the energy and the ingredients from these goods are transferred from the earth, through the artisans who produce them, to the consumer.
We personally inspect and approve the working conditions in every cotton co-op, silk farm, alpaca highland, glass blower, paint manufacturer,
bleaching, dying and sewing facility we work with.
We believe that the grace and hapiness of the individuals who produce anna sova products shine through in every piece.
We believe that our passion for quality, environmental responsibility and fair trade labor defines the intrinsic value of anna sova products.
Anna Sova Vision
Our business model is based on three tenents:
1. To produce the finest quality envirnomentally and ethically responsible products.
2. To design collections specifically to raise money and awareness for environmental organizations.
3. To donate as much as 40% of retail sales to environmental and ethical organizations.
- I spent many summers in my grandmother’s home on Chicago’s North Shore learning all things Austrian, from the “Blue Danube Waltz” to the details of a finely run home. The bedroom linens were pressed on a mangle in the basement. Each room had its own essential oil or perfume steamed into the smooth fibers of the every sheet. The wood floors always gleamed with a fresh mixture of beeswax and lemon oil. The garden was a profusion of fresh flowers for the table and bedside.
- My nickname was “Anna” and I added my grandmother’s maiden name,”Sova”, to create “Anna Sova”. I hope you can feel all of the love, kindness, and attention to detail she shared with me coming through in every piece.
-Whitney A. Walker
Founder, Anna Sova
Discover why we use only 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, and learn more about our other ecological beliefs and practices.
Find answers to commonly asked questions and see our policies regarding donations, returns, information, and more.
See some of our “greatest hits” of press, reviews and see excerpts from our appearances in Elle, Town and Country, and other prestigious outlets.
Find the address of our showroom and ways to contact us, plus view a gallery of images from our launch event.